Part or full time (0.6 – 1.0 FTE) contract until 30 April 2025 based in Darwin
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across Northern and Central Australia.
About the position:
The NHMRC-funded Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) in preventing and managing bronchiectasis, especially in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children is led by Menzies researchers. The overarching goal is to improve the lung health of children, particularly Indigenous children. The CRE is a collaboration between researchers from several Australian centres.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure central coordination across participating institutions.
- Oversee day-to-day institutional collaborations.
- Provide managerial and administrative support to all governance groups.
- Promote, translate and disseminate knowledge translation activities.
- Liaise with chief investigators for community engagement and feedback activities.
- Manage the reporting requirements of NHMRC, Ethics and other regulatory reporting.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant health related field.
- Demonstrated high level program management experience, including experience in planning, monitoring and program management processes involving clinical research.
- Demonstrated ability in science communication and in developing strong productive relationships within an organisation as well as externally with a diverse range of individuals and organisations.
- Demonstrated responsibility for financial management and experience with budgetary processes.
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including the preparation of high-quality reports, along with interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences and inter-disciplinary research teams.
- Demonstrated high-level experience with collaborative partnerships and a well-developed capacity to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- High degree of computer literacy, including relevant software, such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, excellent problem-solving abilities, conflict resolution and strong record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently without direct supervision under broad direction and as part of an inter-disciplinary team, maintain good organisational and time management and ability to meet deadlines, to undertake a range of tasks, reporting and liaison activities.
Contact: Prof Anne Chang via email@example.com
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $124,253 - $134,816 salary package (comprising gross salary $98,552 - $107,331, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: 16 August 2020
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.