Part or full time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) contract until 31 December 2023 based in Darwin
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across northern and central Australia.
About the position:
The NT Safety and Efficacy of Iron in Haemodialysis Study (INFERR study) is a clinical Randomised Controlled Trial (RCT) to establish the benefits and harms of IV iron therapy use for Indigenous Australians on Haemodialysis with hyperferritinaemia in the setting of anaemia. All Renal units across the NT have agreed to participate, and we will recruit and randomise 576 patients over 40 months.
Under the guidance of the Principal Investigator and Chief Investigator team, the Clinical Trial Manager will be responsible for overall management and coordination of the project. The incumbent will:
- Assist the Investigator team in establishing the project’s governance processes.
- Liaise with and support project stakeholders and identified renal services.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the project team (including HR, budget, finance, travel and reporting).
- Be responsible for project communications (internal team communications and external stakeholder communications).
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant health qualifications with extensive experience and current registration with the relevant Health Board Authority.
- Proven working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to set appropriate priorities, meet deadlines and manage project budgets.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be comfortable interacting with a diverse team with various skills.
- Ability to work in multicultural settings and ability to engage and build relationships with various stakeholders.
- Experience organising and facilitating successful stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- Ability and willingness to travel for up to a week at a time several times a year to Alice Springs, Katherine, Tenant Creek and Wurrumiyanga.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- $124,253 - $134,816 pro-rata salary package (comprising gross salary $98,552 - $107,331 pro-rata, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: 23 February 2020
Contact: William Majoni via email@example.com or Jane Nelson on 08 8946 8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Applicants are required to address the selection criteria. For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ or phone 08 8946 8626.