Full time continuing contract based in Darwin
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across Northern and Central Australia.
About the position:
This position’s primary objectives are to lead and manage the Biyamarr ma team and to play a lead role in key strategic initiatives and significant projects of the organisation including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy, Reconciliation Action Plan, capacity building and other strategies.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to collaborate effectively and create and maintain strong and productive partnerships within Menzies and externally with key stakeholders including the Commonwealth and Northern Territory Governments, non-government agencies, Charles Darwin University, schools and training organisations.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive work and senior management experience in a relevant field.
- Proven expertise in the management of significant human and material resources.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills with an ability to manage and implement change positively and constructively.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, build and maintain strategic relationships through formal and informal networks.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience in project management and achieving successful outcomes within a strategic framework.
- Strong experience in human resource, workplace practices and programs, and their application including recruitment, retention, professional development, and career pathways.
- High level cross cultural, interpersonal, collaboration, oral and written communication skills including ability to present, influence and provide advice on complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, within the Northern Territory and interstate.
Contact: Esther Miller on 08 8946 8408 or email@example.com
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $150,880 - $161,361 salary package (comprising gross salary $120,643 - $129,837, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: 30 August 2020
This position has been designated for a senior Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.