As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the position:
The Project Assistant position provides essential administrative support to management of the Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) in Targeted Approaches to Improving Cancer Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians (TACTICS). The CRE is an Indigenous-led program of innovative, high-quality, applied research conducted on a national and international level, aimed at improving a broad range of cancer related health services.
The position is based in the Wellbeing & Preventable Chronic Diseases Division at the Menzies School of Health Research’s Brisbane Office. The Project Assistant will support the Senior Principal Research Fellow (SPRF) and Research Program Manager by contributing to administration and project tasks required for the TACTICS CRE. This position will also assist with research projects as required under the supervision of the SPRF.
This is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identified position.
The Project Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Principal Research Fellow, and Research Program Manager. This may include:
- Secretariat support for meetings and workshops (e.g., logistics to organise meetings, booking venues, drafting agendas and supporting documents, and taking meeting minutes).
- Liaising with internal and external investigators.
- Assisting with community consultations, advisory groups, record keeping.
- Organising travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Assist with the planning and organising of research roundtables and other events.
- Assist with maintenance of office and administrative systems and processes, including records and file management that enable the accurate tracking of correspondence and project documentation.
- Assist with maintenance of records in order to track activity/performance and meet reporting requirements.
- Assistance with managing strategic relationships with key stakeholders
The successful applicant will have:
- A combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative role (including organising meetings, preparation of reports and management of information).
- Well-developed skills in creating and maintaining record keeping systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both oral and written, including the ability to prepare correspondence in accordance with required formats and maintain confidentiality.
- High level computer literacy including expertise in Microsoft Office suite of applications and a demonstrated ability to quickly acquire skills in new software packages.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and an ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn new skills where required.
- The ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
Contact: Meg Norris on 07 3169 4209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $85,473 - $91,166 pro-rata, salary package (comprising gross salary $65,190 - $70,166 pro-rata, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: Sunday, 29 November 2020
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.