3 years full time contract based in Darwin
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across Northern and Central Australia.
About the position:
This position will manage project activities related to the evaluation of two intersecting programs relating to people with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- The CKD3 Consortium project will evaluate progress in the identification and management of early (stage 1-3) CKD in primary care in the NT, Tasmania and western Melbourne in Victoria.
- The Territory Kidney Care Evaluation is a separate but concurrent project evaluating the impact of the NT’s integrated clinical decision support system (known as Territory Kidney Care) to improve the care of people with CKD through early and targeted specialist advice to primary health care services.
Under the guidance of the Principal Investigator and Chief Investigator team, the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of these collaborative projects.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field with previous experience in project management.
- Experience in the design, conceptualisation and implementation of evaluations or in evaluative research.
- Proven ability in project management: coordinating, organizing, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, preferably in the health and/or health research sector.
- Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- High-level oral and written English communication skills as well as experience in preparing high quality materials and reports.
- Proven financial management skills including budget management, projections, reconciliation and reports/acquittals.
- Sound computer literacy skills, ideally with experience in data management.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, positive attitude and ability to work in cross cultural contexts.
- Ability to undertake inter-state and intra-state travel on an as needs basis for up to a week at a time.
Contact: Gillian Gorham on 08 8946 8529 or email@example.com
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $124,253 - $134,816 salary package (comprising gross salary $98,552 - $107,331, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: 16 August 2020
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.