Part-time (0.5 – 0.8 FTE) contract until 31/12/2022 based in Alice Springs
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across northern and central Australia.
About the position:
The Project Officer will be involved in co-designing enhanced models of care in Central Australia for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth with type 2 diabetes. This role will lead community consultation and engagement, facilitating youth advisory groups, organisation of and participation in field trips, facilitating community workshops, engagement with resource development, management of two Alice Springs based youth engagement officers and leading the collection and management of interview and focus group data. Training on study procedures will be provided.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications along with relevant experience (public health, research, health promotion, health care) or an equivalent combination of relevant training, education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a range of audiences including a multidisciplinary team and people from diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with proven ability to lead by example.
- Capacity to work independently, and as part of a research team, maintaining confidentiality, with good organisational and time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong record keeping skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, punctuality and positive attitude.
- Experience with basic computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and internet browsers.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and monthly travel up to a week at a time (maximum of one weekend day per two months). This may include on light aircraft or 4WD to remote communities as part of a team.
- The ability to maintain a current Australian driver licence and Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card), and willingness to drive a 4WD vehicle after training completion.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- $100,892 - $107,489 pro-rata salary package (comprising gross salary $78,549 - $84,404 pro-rata, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: 12 July 2020
Contact: Anthony Gunther on 08 8946 8673 or email@example.com
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Previous applicants for this position need not apply again.