2 year part time (0.6 FTE) contract based in Darwin
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across Northern and Central Australia.
About the position:
The Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre strives to deliver training focused on building the biomedical workforce in regional and remote Australia. The Senior Research Officer will manage the Centre including the development and management of partnerships with external stakeholders, management of student placements, and applying for additional funding.
The Senior Research Officer will:
- Manage the daily operations of the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre, including supervision of the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre research and administrative staff, and academic support of research students in their research projects.
- Develop and deliver the research training program for the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre.
- Coordinate student placements and ensure that students achieve and receive recognition for defined competencies.
- Perform evaluation research of the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre performance and outcomes.
- Produce papers and conference presentations associated with the Centre’s research and evaluation.
- Identify and apply for additional sources of funding including research grants in order to support ongoing training activities for the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre.
- Manage the financial operations of the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre.
- Chair meetings for the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre’s management group.
- Manage relationships with the Menzies-Ramaciotti Centre’s internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have:
- Postgraduate or postdoctoral qualifications or equivalent research experience which has resulted in publications, conference papers, reports or professional or technical contributions which demonstrate research ability.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant applications.
- Experience in the supervision and mentoring of research students.
- High level of computer literacy including relevant software such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience with collaborative partnerships and the ability to consult and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a multidisciplinary team, maintain good organisational and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines, undertake a range of tasks, reporting and liaison activities.
- The ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Working with children OCHRE card or ability to obtain one upon commencement.
Contact: Dr Robyn Marsh on 08 8946 8563 firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $119,812 pro-rata salary package (comprising gross salary $94,935 pro-rata, superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
Closing date: 5 July 2020
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.