12 month Full time contract based in Darwin
(Maternity leave cover)
Start 15 June 2020
About the position:
The WHS Officer is part of the Human Resources team and provides specialist advice to support a safe and healthy workplace environment for Menzies staff and students. The WHS Officer will be responsible for the updating and maintenance of relevant WHS policies and procedures, audits for adherence to the policies and be instrumental in ensuring WHS is understood and embraced at Menzies. The WHS Officer will support and contribute to the development and implementation of WHS related strategies, a strong WHS culture whilst adopting a continuous improvement approach, identifying opportunities to improve and refine existing WHS documentation and processes.
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Develop, maintain and update WHS policies and procedures as required, in line with current legislation and standards.
- Development, implement and maintain a WHS Safety Management System in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Provide specialist and technical advice to managers and staff on WHS matters, including relevant legislation and risk management processes, to assist in ensuring understanding and compliance with WHS obligations.
- Measure and report on organisational WHS performance and compliance, through on-going monitoring and audits.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent qualifications and /or education and training in workplace health and safety with demonstrated work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in developing and delivering presentations, as well as the ability to negotiate positive outcomes.
- Experience in working with, and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in the development and implementation of organisation wide policy and procedures.
Contact: Kristy Coulston on 08 8946 8424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday, 31 May 2020
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits to $109,237 - $117,740 (comprising gross salary $85,868 - $93,187, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8626.