Part- time (0.8 FTE) 12 months contract based in Darwin
As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the position:
This position will provide administrative assistance to the HDR Coordinator, and Menzies Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidates and supervisors.
The HDR Administration Officer will:
- Assist with the management of all aspects of HDR candidature administration for the Menzies HDR student cohort including admission, enrolment, candidature progress and examination with the support of the CDU Research and Innovation unit.
- Assist with organizing events (candidates’ oral presentations, student and supervisor training, workshops and inductions), including booking venues and facilitating online meetings.
- Coordinate the distribution and reimbursement of RTP student support funds in accordance with Student Support Funds Guidelines.
- Assist with scholarships and financial management including setting up and processing fortnightly scholarship payments and preparing annual scholarship budgets.
- Provide general administrative support to the Menzies HDR unit including managing the generic email inbox.
- Organise and maintain electronic record management systems, under the direction of the Higher Degree Administrative Officer.
- Assist with the adherence to, and communication of, policies and procedures under the direction of the Higher Degree Administrative Officer.
The successful applicant will have:
- Completion of a relevant tertiary qualification with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training.
- The ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills with high levels of initiative, ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to apply, interpret and communicate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven high level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel and the ability to set up, utilise,maintain data basesand ability to quickly acquire skills in new software packages.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package including superannuation and salary packaging benefits $95,232 - $102,308pa, pro-rata (comprising a gross salary of $73,670 – 79,770).
Contact: Jasmina Sesar on 08 8946 8420 or email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday, 17 October 2021
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are required to address the selection criteria. For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit https://www.menzies.edu.au/page/Careers/Information_for_applicants/ or phone 08 8946 8626.