As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the position:
As part of the Malaria group in the Global and Tropical Health Division at Menzies, the applicant will work on a range of clinical trials and sentinel surveillance studies in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Cambodia, Nepal, Ethiopia and Papua New Guinea.
The applicant will be responsible for day-to-day management and presentation of data from the clinical trials, surveillance studies, and individual participant data meta-analyses in collaboration with our overseas partners in endemic countries. Duties will include the development of data management plans, support of design, building and testing of databases and regular data reporting. The applicant will also work closely with local study coordinators to ensure data quality, including, but not limited to, generating, and resolving data queries, ensuring data integrity, severe adverse event reconciliation and medical coding.
The Data Manager will:
- Development of data management plans.
- Support of database design, assembly, and testing.
- Day-to-day data management including preparing data queries and engaging partners to resolve these.
- Severe adverse event (SAE) reconciliation.
- Support medical coding.
- database closure and archiving.
- Regular data presentation.
- Liaison with study coordinators, maintaining and nurturing existing working relationships with overseas collaborators.
- Communication with stakeholders, study participants, investigators and other members of the study team.
- Attend, participate in and contribute to team meetings and presentations.
- Participate in reporting on research progress including writing reports to funders, ethics committees and other stakeholders
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field and at least four(4) years of relevant work experience or extensive experience and management expertise or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or qualification/training.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical trial data management, including knowledge of Ethical Conduct in Research, Good Clinical Practice and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Experience in data management (RedCap, Epidata or other systems), and data presentation, including proficiency with software packages such as Stata or R.
- Good organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines whilst keeping attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of audiences including diverse cultures and a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with a range of computer software including the Microsoft Office Suite, and data management and analysis tools
- The ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Experience working on multicenter trials, including international experience.
- Experience in data curation and mapping of individual patient data for meta-analyses.
- Experience working in malaria endemic countries.
- Experience generating automated reports.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Sunday, 17th October 2021