As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Menzies Global and Tropical Health (GTH) Division is committed to dealing with key areas of public health concern that impact on the health and wellbeing of people and communities across northern Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. With a focus on translational research, we shape our research program through close collaboration with a diverse range of healthcare providers, policy makers and researchers, to target priority health issues. Our aim is to find meaningful and relevant ways to improve the health of people in our region.
Menzies has an office in Dili, Timor-Leste with around 40 Timorese and expatriate staff employed in-country, supporting the delivery of capacity-building and research projects. A number of projects are being conducted through the office under a Memorandum of Understanding between Menzies and the Ministry of Health.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Human Resource Manager Timor-Leste (HRM-TL) is responsible for overseeing department functions, interfacing across all levels of organization and managing employees. The Human Resources Manager will assist the Country Manager with the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, training, benefits, compensation and compliance for national staff. The HRM-TL will also assist with the management of international staff, specifically with respect to matters related to health and safety and Country Office processes and protocols.
- A University qualification in Human Resource Management or more than 2 years’ experience in Human Resource Management for Government, NGOs or INGOs in Timor-Leste.
- A sound knowledge of Timor-Leste employment laws and human resources best practices.
- A good knowledge of employment contract and experience in recruitment processes.
- An understanding of small team environments, a track record of getting the best out of them and a preparedness to work in detail on tasks.
- Solid experience in managing reporting, budget development and analysis, payroll and Social Security.
- Proficiency with Human Resources software and excellent Excel skills.
- Fluent in English and Tetum.
- Proven ability to establish and develop productive partnerships, manage sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Initiative, good judgement and strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work under broad direction as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and critically and to synthesize relevant data in the stated area(s) of interest.
- Proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the Country Manager, responsibility for the Human Recourses Department.
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and can organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
Closing date: 17th October 2021
To apply for this position, please refer to http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ and select / click on the Human Resources Manager – Local Position, Menzies, Dili, Timor-Leste role. Please ensure to attach your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references and responds to the selection criteria if possible. A Copy of Identity Card/ BI or Electoral Card and Copy of Good behavior certificate (kelakuan baik) before or by the 17th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Menzies Timor-Leste is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.