Fixed-term, full-time contract for 1 year
As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the Position
We are seeking a contemporary and highly motivated leader to join our Corporate Service team at an exciting time as we shape the organisation to meet current and future needs. Critical to your success will be your ability to make a real difference to the culture of the organisation through the development of Human Resources practises that are both contemporary and flexible.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will oversee the Human Resources function encompassing leadership of the entire employee lifecycle. Along with the HR Team, the role will manage resourcing and induction; the performance & development management cycle; advise on employee relation matters; provide human resource support and advice; as well as monitor and manage the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) system.
This role provides the opportunity to partner with the senior executives, managers, and staff to enhance people processes, initiatives and practices necessary to support staff engagement and well-being.
The role requires sound understanding of employment legislation, principles and practices alongside exceptional verbal and written communication skills. The role will recognise the importance of confidentiality, discretion, integrity, tact and diplomacy.
Focused on creating and initiating projects to support Menzies strategy and objectives, the role will also involve a ‘hands on’ approach to contribute to the operations of the Human Resources function.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to develop HR strategy, lead organisational change projects, provide expert advice and enable contemporary HR initiatives and processes that support our workforce and enhance service delivery across our organisation.
What’s on offer:
- Live, work and thrive in a growing economy on the doorstep to Asia with a tropical climate and breathtaking natural environment
- Total salary package from $154,841 to $166,312 per annum (inclusive of salary packaging)
- 6 weeks annual leave, salary sacrifice and other market-leading conditions on offer
- Work location: Charles Darwin University Casuarina Campus and Royal Darwin Hospital Campus, Darwin
Closing date: 5 December 2021
How to apply:
- Submit your updated CV emphasising your relevant experience and a letter addressing the selection criteria.
- For further information on the position, please contact Tasha Vohra on email@example.com