As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Menzies Global and Tropical Health (GTH) Division is committed to dealing with key areas of public health concern that impact on the health and wellbeing of people and communities across northern Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. With a focus on translational research, we shape our research program through close collaboration with a diverse range of healthcare providers, policy makers and researchers, to target priority health issues. Our aim is to find meaningful and relevant ways to improve the health of people in our region.
Menzies has an office in Dili, Timor-Leste with around 40 Timorese and expatriate staff employed in-country, supporting the delivery of capacity-building and research projects. A number of projects are being conducted through the office under a Memorandum of Understanding between Menzies and the Ministry of Health.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Laboratory Transport and Stock Management Coordinator will work with the Logistics and Quality department staff and directors at LNS to co-ordinate specimen collection and transport across the laboratory network, support stock management for all departments within LNS and SAMES, and ensure co-ordination of Menzies’ procurement and logistics team with the Logistics department at LNS and SAMES
- Experience in logistics, procurement and/or quality assurance projects in Timor-Leste.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Tetun
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures and educational backgrounds
- Good level of computer literacy including excellent computer skills
- Proven ability to establish and develop productive partnerships.
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgement and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently without direct supervision, under broad direction and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of maintaining good organizational and time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Understanding of and commitment to Menzies values, the principles of Equal Opportunity and contributing to a safe and inclusive workplace
- Postgraduate qualification in a field relevant to logistics or medical laboratory science
- Experience using stock management software (eg mSupply)
Closing date: 28th November 2021
To apply for this position, please refer to http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ and select / click on the Laboratory Transport and Stock Management Coordinator - Local Position, Dili, Timor-Leste role. Please ensure to attach your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references and responds to the selection criteria if possible. A Copy of Identity Card/ BI or Electoral Card and Copy of Good behavior certificate (kelakuan baik) before or by the 28th November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Menzies Timor-Leste is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.