- Fixed-term, Full time 12 month contract, with likelihood of extension
- Work in both Darwin, Australia and Dili, Timor-Leste with frequent travel between both locations
- Relocation Assistance available
Are you an enthusiastic project management professional with strong Leadership skills and Management expertise who has an interest in coordinating and implementing the delivery of a capacity-building and research program in a fast-paced environment?
If this sounds like you, join our team to help make a difference.
About the role:
Menzies is looking for a Program Manager to join the Global and Tropical Health Division to support our work in Timor-Leste.
The rapidly expanding program of work requires a Program Manager to coordinate activity across Australia and Timor-Leste, to supervise project coordinators, and to liaise with national and international collaborators. The Program Manager will provide broad program support and oversight, assisting the Program Leads and the Country Manager Timor-Leste with the development and implementation of the Timor-Leste program.
What you will bring:
You are an enthusiastic project management professional with postgraduate qualifications and extensive management experience.
You have a genuine interest in working in Timor-Leste and in building health system capacity, and will have:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience in team management and, staff supervision.
- Demonstrated high level program management expertise with comprehensive knowledge of contractual and risk management principles and practice.
- Demonstrated experience in successful financial management including in working across currencies, a sound knowledge of budgetary processes and experience coordinating multiple grant budgets.
- Exceptional project planning, monitoring and evaluation skills and experience in preparing high quality written reports including the collation and coordination of project inputs.
- Ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and relationships that are important to the achievement of the Timor-Leste program objectives.
- Exceptional communication skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to building capacity and capability in others.
What you will get:
Menzies is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses. If making a positive health impact in Australia and across our region excites and motivates you, join us as we continue to translate our research into effective programs and partnerships in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, and find enduring solutions to health problems that matter.
As a recognised national leader in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research, education and research training, Menzies is committed to providing a culturally inclusive and supportive work environment, and ensuring our workforce is representative of the people with and for whom we work. We seek to amplify First Nations voices in all aspects of our work, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for this position.
Benefits of working for Menzies:
- Exciting career opportunity with one of Australia’s leading health research institutes
- Lead change and help make a positive impact
- 6 weeks annual leave per annum, significant salary packaging benefits and other market leading conditions
- Base Salary negotiable
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact:
Dr Jennifer Yan
Program Co-Lead, Timor-Leste
Global & Tropical Health Division
How to Apply:
Please click on the 'Apply' button to submit your application.
Applicants are required to provide the following supporting documents:
- Cover letter
- Updated resume
- A statement addressing the selection criteria (No more than 2 pages)
- Any other relevant supporting documentation
For a copy of the position description or to find more information on how to apply for this role please visit Menzies careers website: http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ or phone 08 8946 8626.
Closing date: Sunday, 11 December 2022