- Continuing Contract
- 6 weeks annual leave | Salary packaging up to $15,900 tax free
- Based in Darwin
- Base Salary $89,426 - $97,048
- Total Renumeration Package $113,280 - $121,890 per annum
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated professional with specialist knowledge in pre and post award research grant administration matters? Do you want to be a part of an established team focused on internal growth and change for the improvement of services to our researchers?
If this sounds like you, join our team to help make a difference.
About your new role:
Menzies is looking for a Research Grants Officer to provide a range of research grant administration functions across Menzies and provides specialist advice and services for this leading health research organisation.
This role will work collaboratively in a team environment to manage work priorities. Key to this position is the ability to relate to a range of people, including senior academics; work with Menzies staff to play a key role in the preparation, review and submission of funding applications; submit Menzies endorsed applications to external funding bodies; liaise with internal and external stakeholders and funders, and to understand a vast array of information in an academic environment
Some of the other key duties the Research Grants Officer will undertake are:
- Contribute to the delivery of research education by participating in and delivering training sessions to Menzies staff on funder specific scheme requirements and internal pre and post award processes and procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate within the Research Grants Team to ensure all systems and processes are standardised and a culture of quality improvement is achieved, while ensuring effective communication of these processes to Menzies staff.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of accurate grant application records on the research grants management system and instruct others in using relevant software (document management systems, bibliographic databases and other software specific to funding applications).
Please see the Position Description for a complete list of primary responsibilities and also to view the
What you will bring:
As a motivated individual, you will have demonstrated high level administration experience in an environment requiring consistent attention to detail, working to strict deadlines, preferably in a research or academic environment. You also possess:
- A degree and significant experience in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of extensive experience and education/training in a relevant field.
- Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills, working in this complex environment.
- Demonstrated high level writing skills, including the ability to analyse information and prepare submissions for funding.
- Proven ability to work with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to gain knowledge in order to provide research grant administration advice to Menzies staff.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, demonstrating understanding and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues.
- High level computer skills, particularly long document formatting, online forms, databases and spread sheet software.
What you will get:
Menzies is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses. If making a positive health impact in Australia and across our region excites and motivates you, join us as we continue to translate our research into effective programs and partnerships in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, and find enduring solutions to health problems that matter.
As a recognised national leader in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research, education and research training, Menzies is committed to providing a culturally inclusive and supportive work environment, and ensuring our workforce is representative of the people with and for whom we work. We seek to amplify First Nations voices in all aspects of our work, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for this position.
Benefits of working for Menzies
- Exciting career opportunity with one of Australia’s leading health research institutes
- Lead change and help make a positive impact
- 6 weeks annual leave, significant salary packaging benefits and other market leading conditions.
- Attractive salary package $89,426 pa including superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact:
Senior Research Administration Officer
Tel: 08 8946 8683
How to Apply:
Please click on the 'Apply' button to submit your application.
Applicants are required to provide the following supporting documents:
- Cover letter stating your interest in the role
- Updated resume
- A statement addressing the Selection Criteria (no more than 2 pages)
- Any other relevant supporting documentation
Please note this role is available for immediate start and so applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Apply early.
For a copy of the position description or to find more information on how to apply for this role please visit Menzies careers website: http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ or phone 08 8946 8683.
Closing date: Wednesday 30 November 2022
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description -