Part time or Full time contract until 31 December 2023
As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the position:
The Research Nurse will work primarily on the NT Safety and Efficacy of Iron in Haemodialysis Study (INFERR study). The INFERR study is a clinical Randomised Controlled Trial (RCT) to establish the benefits and harms of IV iron therapy use for Indigenous Australians with hyperferritinaemia in the setting of anaemia.
Under the guidance of the Chief Investigator and Clinical Trial Manager, the successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for participant recruitment
- Clinical data and specimen collection
- Follow-up visits according to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
The Research Nurse will be based in Alice Springs but will require travel to Tennant Creek for up to 1-5 days at a time, multiple times per year.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary nursing qualification with at least four years subsequent experience in renal nursing and/or research and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Understanding and current knowledge of the impact of renal disease affecting the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in contemporary Australian society.
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including interpersonal skills to a range of audiences including a multidisciplinary team, stakeholders and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently without direct supervision under broad direction or as part of a research team, maintain confidentiality, good organisational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, to undertake the range of tasks, reporting and liaison activities.
- Strong record keeping skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, punctuality and a positive attitude.
- Experience with computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness and ability to travel on light aircraft or 4WD to remote communities as part of a team, for up to a week at a time, multiple times per year.
- The ability to maintain a current Australian driver license and Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card).
Contact: Darren Germaine on 08 8946 8608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Attractive salary package and benefits $111,196 - $119,626 salary package (comprising gross salary $87,586 - $95,051, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: Sunday 28 February
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit www.menzies.edu.au/careers or phone 08 8946 8426.