Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading health research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It is a leader in global and tropical research and translates its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
About the Position:
Working as a member of the Human Resources (HR) team, this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives in a range of people management areas to assist Menzies in achieving its strategic objectives through maximising the capability and potential of its workforce. Under the guidance of the HR Manager, this position will contribute to the management of HR policy framework, equity, diversity & inclusion efforts, succession planning and retention strategies. The role will support senior leaders with plans and recommendations that improve performance, development and employee experience.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will have:
- Completion of Degree with at least four (4) years subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/ training.
- Sound generalist knowledge across the range of HR practice including recruitment and selection, relocation, remuneration and benefits, performance management, employee relations, organisational development, and equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Extensive experience in handling employment matters including performance, conduct, grievance and investigation processes effectively.
- Ability to exercise situational judgement, think creatively and be proactive in providing solutions to complex HR matters.
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), strong attention to detail, and highly developed analytical thinking skills.
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements including familiarity with the Enterprise Bargaining process.
Please refer to the position description for additional selection criteria.
- Experience in working with a Medical Research Institute or similar organisation or environment.
Contact: Tasha Vohra on (08) 8946 8434 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- Base salary $87,586 - $109,478 per annum
- Attractive benefits that can accumulate to a salary package of $111,220- $136,177.
Closing date: 16 May 2021
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are required to address the selection criteria. For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ or phone 08 8946 8626.