As one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses, Menzies School of Health Research continues to translate its research into effective partnerships and programs in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Menzies Global and Tropical Health (GTH) Division is committed to dealing with key areas of public health concern that impact on the health and wellbeing of people and communities across northern Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. With a focus on translational research, we shape our research program through close collaboration with a diverse range of healthcare providers, policy makers and researchers, to target priority health issues. Our aim is to find meaningful and relevant ways to improve the health of people in our region.
Menzies has an office in Dili, Timor-Leste with around 40 Timorese and expatriate staff employed in-country, supporting the delivery of capacity-building and research projects. A number of projects are being conducted through the office under a Memorandum of Understanding between Menzies and the Ministry of Health.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Translator/HR Assistant will assist the Human Resources Officer with routine HR functions including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, training, benefits, compensation and compliance for national staff. The Translator/HR Assistant will also assist and work closely with Technical Staff (Mentors) to provide accurate interpretation and translation during meetings and teaching sessions. Able to precisely and accurately translate critical reports, Training materials including PowerPoint slides from English to Tetum and Vice-versa.
- Minimum Senior Secondary (Years 10-12) and/or minimum 1-2 years relevant Translator and HR work experience
- Understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Good understanding of Timor-Leste labor law
- Fluency in English and Tetum
- Good knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Ability to precisely and accurately translate critical medical information from English to Tetum and vice-versa
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation
- Written translation skills
- Listening skills
- Proficient in MS Office or any HR software
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours as needed
Closing date: 28th November 2021
To apply for this position, please refer to http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ and select / click on the Translator/HR Assistant - Local Position Menzies, Dili, Timor-Leste role. Please ensure to attach your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references and responds to the selection criteria if possible. A Copy of Identity Card/ BI or Electoral Card and Copy of Good behavior certificate (kelakuan baik) before or by the 28th November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Menzies Timor-Leste is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.